Day 3, Hour 7

I’m hearing a strange, groaning noise. I wonder what that could be?

Oh, right. It’s the seams of my inventory. Before we go anywhere, I think we’d better palm some of this stuff off. But before we do *that*, we’re going to need to do two things:

1. Improve Vespero’s abysmal Charisma in order to get better prices.
2. Artificially raise our standing in the eyes of the general public in order to get even better prices.

In less verbose terms, we want to get the Ring of Human Influence and max out our reputation before we go a-bartering, and by an extraordinary stroke of luck, I happen to know just where we can go to make a start on both tasks.

Unfortunately, we have a bit of a problem. We want to remove Yoshimo from the party here because we won’t be using him through the whole game (duh) and so he’s just going to suck up XP. Yes, yes, I know that the last time I said this it didn’t end well for me, but I’m certain that there aren’t going to be any traps I can’t avoid until I can pick up Jan this time, and the karma factor isn’t going to kick in since we’re basically just parting company in a city with which he is familiar, rather than abandoning him in a dangerous dungeon.

Back on topic, though, if we kick Yoshimo out now then our shortage of inventory space is really going to go critical. We literally will not be able to carry any more stuff, not even if we squeeze as much as we can into equipment slots. So, anathema though it may be to my packrat nature, we’re going to have to sell a few items at a sub-optimal price. Oh the trials I must endure.

With sufficient space made, we send Yoshimo on his way and tell him we’ll meet him later at the Copper Coronet, which we’ve never been to before and don’t know about yet, and it’s onwards into the tent after convincing the guard that we can help. We then surreptitiously flip him off as we enter for daring to stand in our way. Stupid guard.

0 comments: