Day 4, Hour 11 (Part 3)

This game has a sense of humour.

Don’t get me wrong. That’s not to say I find what just happened here to be amusing. But it definitely has a sense of humour.

With Vespero’s intelligence boosted to 23, he was able to neatly and efficiently transcribe every single scroll he had in his inventory.

With two exceptions.

Stoneskin. And Haste.


I realise I seem very calm and collected about this, but understand that most of the words that I want to type here would be highly, highly inappropriate for my younger audience, should I happen to have one. With that in mind, I will have to settle for the following paragraph:

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *********************************


In rather more welcome news, this process has caused Vespero to leap from level 1 to level 5, and he's well on his way to 6. Plus, he can't actually cast level 4 spells yet, so he wouldn't have been able to use Stoneskin anyway. So that's good. It's cool. I'm cool. There are other scrolls of Stoneskin in the game. No problem. I don't need to let this upset me. Deep breaths.

OK. In light of this development, we really can't afford to screw around here. We need some meatshields and we need them now, so it's back to the slums to pick up Korgan. Hopefully he won't start badgering us about his quest too soon.

0 comments: