Day 4, Hour 10 (Part 2)

You’ve got creatures with misaligned alignments. Enemies that are incapable of following you through closed doors. Dragons that will stand idly by and watch you while you place deadly traps mere inches away from their feet.

But by far, the biggest oversight on the part of the developers was the omission of the dialogue option wherein Charname punches Gaelan Bayle in the larynx, thereby ensuring that he has cooed his last coo. This action would permanently set your reputation to 20, alter your alignment to Chaotic Good and cause the Shadow Thieves to be so pleased with you that they would charter your ride to Brynnlaw free of charge.

Alas.

We go through the same old routine, asking him why we should be inclined to believe that this isn’t all a trap, to which his response is “I have no interest in setting up a trap.”

Oh, well, that’s OK, then. I suppose my suspicions have been all been allayed and I now trust you implicitly, because if this were actually a trap I’m sure you would happily tell me as much upon being questioned about it.

“Come with me and you can decide whether to enter me house.”

No, actually, I don’t think we can.

Come on. I know that if you could actually refuse to go and speak to him at this point then you’d basically be stuck, but they could have done something here to make this feel less railroaded.

Anyway, you know the drill here. More talking, more beating around the bush, “20,000 of your American GP”, shut up shut up I don’t want to talk to you anymore just let me resume playing the game OH PLEASE JUST LET ME OUT OF THIS ROOM BEFORE HE STARTS SAYING COO AGAIN.

Aaaand cutscene. Super.

0 comments: