Day 4, Hour 20 (Part 2)

I can’t help but think that the developers didn’t really do their research here.

One of the fanatics lets slip that they worship Beshaba. If you’re not a Forgotten Realms buff, Beshaba is a crazy, evil goddess of bad luck and curses; not exactly the type that you’d expect to object to the presence of a drow. Still, I suppose it could be justified with further thought. It just seems a bit odd.

What we do know, however, is that slaughtering a group of crazy evil goddess worshippers is in no way a no-no in the adventuring hero handbook, so we set Viconia free and get ready to crack some cleric skull.

Before we actually start the fight, we position Korgan and Jaheira right next to the archers so that they won’t give us any trouble when they turn hostile. We have Jan fire at the cleric while Vespero blasts him with a wand of frost.

You may feel like I’m wasting wands here, and you may well be right, but I’m fairly confident that once Vespero’s back in action, I’m really not going to need them that often. Besides, wands of frost aren’t really that great anyway, but it’s better than trying to whack someone with a magic stick.

It’s a long battle, but we eventually dispatch the fanatics. I had to pull Korgan back about halfway through, but a healing potion fixed him up enough that it was safe to send him back in. Fanatics dead, corpses looted and…Viconia won’t talk to us.

Uh-oh.

This is, of course, a bug, so it’s OK for me to reload here and try this again. I’ve got my fingers crossed that it was just some fluke glitch and it won’t happen the next time around…but if it does, we could be in trouble.

I’ll keep you all posted.

0 comments: