Day 4, Hour 12

Into the tavern we go, carefully avoiding the two thugs outside…and the three thugs inside. Normally I wouldn’t hesitate to show Amalas who the boss man is in these parts, but as a 5th-level mage with no spells memorised, I don’t think the battle would go too well for me right now. We’ll tear him a new one later.

That reminds me. I should really get some rest once I’m done here.

Unfortunately, to avoid the thugs, we’re going to have to take the long way around, which means bumping into Anomen. We lie through our teeth here by telling him that we’re courageous do-gooders, and then do a U-turn and speak the absolute truth when we tell him we do not want him to join us.

I don’t ever want Anomen to join me, ever again. But I have to complete his quest, so it’s going to have to happen at some point. Not now, though. I can’t handle him so soon after losing those scrolls.

We also get intercepted by Nalia and subject her to the same process. Yes, we’ll come and save your keep, but no we don’t want you with us right now. Jaheira approves.

Of course, we won’t actually be going to the keep for quite some time, since I don’t think we’re up to taking on trolls and umber hulks just yet. That, however, will not be a problem, since apparently all the hostiles overrunning the place are quite content to sit there and wait forever until you come along to massacre them. No hurry, then.

Besides, she deserves to be kept waiting, giving you that crap about there being “no time” to tell you what you’d be up against if you agreed to help her. No time? How long is it that you’re willing to follow me around before you start complaining that we need to get a move on, again? And how long is the journey to the keep? Eight hours? DO YOU THINK EIGHT HOURS MIGHT BE ENOUGH TIME FOR A BRIEF SUMMARY, AT LEAST?

Interruptions, interruptions. That’s the last of them, thankfully, so we’ve got a clear run to Korgan now. Almost there, almost there…damn it. All that and they still spotted us.

Well, we’re certainly not going to back down from this moron, so it looks like Vespero’s in for a fight. Not to worry, though. He may be devoid of spells and anything resembling prowess in combat, but I’ve still got one thing to fall back on.

Wands.

0 comments: